Sunday, April 26, 2009

The faith journey of Matt McMurray

I am always interested in different people's faith journeys. I am especially intrigued by the interplay of our circumstances and those experiences which we perceive to be revelation that lift us out of or transform our circumstances. Matt is an old friend of mine from university, but reading this on his blog today I found out a number of things I didn't know about him. Most interesting for me is the way he since found his way to a very 'traditional' form of Christianity. In some ways this reflects Phil's journey related elswhere on this blog, in other ways it is very different.

I was also very touched by his experience of finding a role model in Jesus as a fatherless teenager, and a father in God as a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus treats the Syrophoenecian Woman as a Disciple

[This is an extract from my essay "Breaking Bread: The Power of Hospitality in the Gospel of Mark" which you can read in full and ...