Colloquium on Theological Interpretation
Laidlaw College, Auckland, New Zealand,
19-20 August 2011
Announcement and Call for Papers
Sponsored by Laidlaw-Carey Graduate School, Auckland, New Zealand and the Department of Theology and Religious Studies, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand. Featuring Joel Green and Murray Rae as keynote speakers and respondents, two scholars who have been prominent in the development of theological interpretation as a discipline.
This colloquium will explore the theory and practice of the theological interpretation of Scripture. The contributions by our two key note speakers/respondents will be supplemented by papers from scholars in NewZealand, Australia and the Pacific and from further afield. Potential papers might cover, but are not limited to, the following types of areas:
- Theological interpretation of particular texts.
- Issues relating to the practice of theological interpretation.
- Questions of method and theological interpretation.
- The history and landscape of theological interpretation as a discipline.
- Cross cultural reflections on theological interpretation.
- Contemporary social, cultural and political reflections from a perspective of theological interpretation of Scripture.
- Theological interpretation, church and mission.
This will be a lot of fun, looking forward to it!