Whenever I ask such preachers, “Don’t you want everybody in the world to have the benefits you enjoy?”, the answer I receive is either “That’s the social gospel” or “That’s not our priority, as non-Christians can do that”. If the Gospel is not social, then what is it? And, if non-Christians can make sacrifices to ensure that people like us have a decent life, why are we reluctant to do the same for them? What we are facing here is hypocrisy and double standards, the very things that stirred the indignation of Jesus!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Ramachandra Asks About Gospel Priorities
And as usual he is angry about Western Christianity's myopic vision and not afraid to say why,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Xenos has moved!
I am now blogging at https://jonathanrobinsonblog.wordpress.com hopefully more regularly. I'll delete this site eventually, but it wil...
-
Just been reading a fun little article with an approach to Jesus' preexistence in Mark's Gospel that I haven't come across befor...
-
James McGrath's blog really is a mighty blog. He is single handedly responsible for sending over 80 readers to this weeks carnival. If y...
-
Haere mai, tena koutou katoa. Welcome one and all to New Zealand for the October 2010 Biblical Studies Carnival. Don't worry, sausages...
No comments:
Post a Comment