Friday, June 22, 2012

Free Will

The SBC are having a bit of a fidget about the Calvinist insurgence in their ranks, but we Christians are good at talking about free will without stopping to consider what it actually is - after all it is obvious, until you start to think about it. Here are two philosophers from the faculty of Florida State University (one of whom I studied philosophy with at high school) having a gentle conversation about free will for your edification.
Randolph Clarke & Stephen Kearns from Philosophy TV on Vimeo.

The video is from Philosophy TV

Let me know what you think

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan. Like it says in Hezekiah 1:17...
    Regards
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me just reach for my bible to look it up . . .

    ReplyDelete

Jesus treats the Syrophoenecian Woman as a Disciple

[This is an extract from my essay "Breaking Bread: The Power of Hospitality in the Gospel of Mark" which you can read in full and ...