There is a tension for me in that any social action must intentionally serve the gospel, that is be intended to be an avenue for people to come to saving knowledge of Christ. But I also feel Christians need to do things because they are the right thing to do, not with an ulterior motive of prosyletization. The most promising avenue for me is an articulation of conversion as the work of God, and of social action as a sign of the gospel. But how you consistently and authentically do that in practice I’m not sure.
[This was a comment I originally made on Phil's blog here, but thought it was worthy of a post of its own.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Xenos has moved!
I am now blogging at https://jonathanrobinsonblog.wordpress.com hopefully more regularly. I'll delete this site eventually, but it wil...
-
Just been reading a fun little article with an approach to Jesus' preexistence in Mark's Gospel that I haven't come across befor...
-
James McGrath's blog really is a mighty blog. He is single handedly responsible for sending over 80 readers to this weeks carnival. If y...
-
Haere mai, tena koutou katoa. Welcome one and all to New Zealand for the October 2010 Biblical Studies Carnival. Don't worry, sausages...
No comments:
Post a Comment