Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moving to Pastures New

Well, you may have noticed how my rate of posting has gone up since I submitted my thesis, but such halcyon days of working part time and having extra time to blog cannot last forever.  At the end of this year I will be finishing my role at Carey Baptist College and then starting as a Baptist pastor in an Auckland church in January.  I can't say how this will affect my blogging at this stage.  One of my hopes is that I will continue to research Biblical studies and try to publish a paper every year to keep myself sharp and maybe even to say something useful, I think this blog might be a good way to keep myself motivated in that.  I've really enjoyed my stint in "academia" but my heart has always been in the local church and I feel really blessed to be going back to pastoral ministry again.

1 comment:

Jesus treats the Syrophoenecian Woman as a Disciple

[This is an extract from my essay "Breaking Bread: The Power of Hospitality in the Gospel of Mark" which you can read in full and ...