Seriously, this has to be the cleverest, most poetic and original tattoo to get done . . .
וְשֶׂ֣רֶט לָנֶ֗פֶשׁ לֹ֤א תִתְּנוּ֙ בִּבְשַׂרְכֶ֔ם וּכְתֹ֣בֶת קַֽעֲקַ֔ע לֹ֥א תִתְּנ֖וּ בָּכֶ֑ם אֲנִ֖י יְהוָֽה׃
Not only is it in Hebrew but it it is actually from the Bible, if you find it hard to read in Hebrew you could look it up in an English Bible from Leviticus 19:28. If you do get it done be sure to send me a photo.
If you are going to get a tattoo done in a language that you don't personally read I recommend not only employing a qualified and hygienic tattooist but also locating and using someone with expertise in that language. Tattoo artists are not renowned for their mastery of ancient languages so don't trust them if they say they can do you in Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic or Ugaritic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Xenos has moved!
I am now blogging at https://jonathanrobinsonblog.wordpress.com hopefully more regularly. I'll delete this site eventually, but it wil...
-
Just been reading a fun little article with an approach to Jesus' preexistence in Mark's Gospel that I haven't come across befor...
-
James McGrath's blog really is a mighty blog. He is single handedly responsible for sending over 80 readers to this weeks carnival. If y...
-
Haere mai, tena koutou katoa. Welcome one and all to New Zealand for the October 2010 Biblical Studies Carnival. Don't worry, sausages...
No comments:
Post a Comment