Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday is for Bible reading!

Today Greg Boyd continues his righteous critique of the Patriot's Bible. Which makes you realise even reputable publishers cannot be trusted to read the Bible correctly... you have to learn to do it yourself. Which is where John Piper comes in with his love affair with arcing. Not that it is a technique that I have come across before but it sounds fairly sensible and I will investigate sometime, when I have the time. Exegesis is hard word and some graphic symbols could well come in handy for speeding up analysis of thought flow. From my musical studies I certainly know symbols can help immmensly with musical analysis. But sometimes it just takes a sitcom to bring home a truth, after all many a true word is spoken in jest... you just need to know how to spot it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus treats the Syrophoenecian Woman as a Disciple

[This is an extract from my essay "Breaking Bread: The Power of Hospitality in the Gospel of Mark" which you can read in full and ...