Thursday, June 17, 2010

Going Quiet for a Bit

This is just a courtesy post to all my lovely readers that things are going to be a bit quiet on Xenos probably at least until the end of July.  I don't want to, but I currently am trying to put the finishing touches to my research thesis, have two major speaking engagements in July, and am being swamped with marking.  On top of that I need all the mental space I have spare for working out (in collaboration with my partner in marriage) what I'm going to do with my life once my studies have come to an end.  So I think I really need to swear off blogging for a period as it has a tendency to eat up more time than it warrants when life is busy.

However the good news is, expect Xenos to be back with a vengeance after that, because once all that is done I'll be fit to burst my blogging bladder!

For those of you following thesis progress, I have completed a first draft and my supervisor is happy with it, so it really is just a case now of dealing with the myriad grammar, footnote, and tone issues (apparently I tend to put things "a bit strong"! - those who know me will be smiling at that) and working through my notes and a last few books to pad out the references.  I'm really pleased with how it's turned out and will probably publish it online once it is examined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus treats the Syrophoenecian Woman as a Disciple

[This is an extract from my essay "Breaking Bread: The Power of Hospitality in the Gospel of Mark" which you can read in full and ...